Adding a WFS service in the GISLayer Software can be accomplished by clicking on the “Add WFS Service” button in the “Add Service” drop-down list under the ” Data” tab.
In the following screenshot this process is numbered according to the process step.
WFS is an open spatial data source specified by the OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium). WFS is a platform-independent data source and is used by spatial servers that can transmit formats such as XML, GML and GeoJSON.
If you add the WFS service to the GISLayer Software, the mandatory fields must always be filled in. (WFS Layer Name and WFS Url Address ). If we define the panel briefly;
- WFS Layer Name: Use the layer name defined in the service
- WFS Url Address: Enter the URL of the WFS server
- Server Version: Select server version
- Username and Password: Required if it is a protected or access restricted layer
- EPSG Code Search and EPSG List: Projection system needs to be specified
- Add: Use to add a WFS service to a map as a layer
The fields that we have defined above in the panel are shown in the screenshot below.
The WFS service selected by the user is added to the “Layer Box” and displayed on the map after entering the required information in the Panel and clicking the Add button.
The following screenshot shows the added WFS service.