In the GISLayer Software, the “Layer Box” can be accessed in four different ways. These are;
- By clicking on the “Layers” button in the “Data” tab
- By clicking the layer button in the top left corner of the map screen
- By clicking the layer button in the button group located in the lower right corner of the screen and listed in the third row from the top
- Users, who work conveniently with keyboard shortcuts, can open the “Layer Box” by simply pressing SHIFT + A
In the following screenshot you will find buttons and their positions with which you can open the “Layer Box”. In the “Layer Box”, there are ten buttons on the top row and layers added to the map.
In the GISLayer software, there are 10 buttons at the top row of the “Layer Box”. These are;
- Create New Layer: Opens “Create New Layer Dialog Box”(SHIFT + F)
- Connect to Data Source: Used to access vector data stored on the GISLayer cloud server (SHIFT + A)
- Save to Data Source: Used to save the active layer to the GISLayer cloud server (SHIFT + S)
- Move Up: Used to make the layer appear above the previous one relative to Zindex level (SHIFT + Up Arrow Key)
- Move Down: Used to make the layer appear below a next one relative to Zindex level (SHIFT + Down Arrow Key)
- Geometry Drawing and Editing Lock: Unlock vector layer editing and enable drawing capabilities on these layers (SHIFT + E)
- Previously Used Layers: Used to quickly add layers to the map by storing previously used layers
- Style Layer Appearance: Opens “Layer Appereance Styling Dialog Box”
- Create analysis chart: Opens the dialog box that allows the preparation of analyzes such as pie, line and bar graph using the information contained in the vector layers.
- Filtering in Layer: Opens the dialog box used to query and filter within the active layer
The GISLayer software contains layers after the buttons in the upper row of the “Layer Box”. Let us itemize the use of the layers listed here;
- Quick Color Change: Used if we want to change the color of layers quickly and practically
- Radio Button: Used to activate layers
- Visibility Close: Used to toggle the visibility of layers on the map
- Remove from Layer List and Map: Used to remove layers from the map
- Other Features: It is a special menu for the layer and it differs according to the type of layer. Used for more complex tasks.
The following screenshots show the positions of the buttons.
There are 7 buttons in the menu that opens by clicking on the “Other Functions” button, which is located at the end of the each layer name in “Layer Box” in the GISLayer software. These are;
- View Layer on Map: Used to extend the layer so that it fits into the map window
- Open Attribute Table: Opens the attribute table of the layer
- Export – Download SQL: Used to download the layer to the computer in the file formats available to the users
- Open Tags: Used to set a field of the layer’s attributes as a label and display it on the map
- Merge Layer-Spatial: Used to create a new layer or to merge two different layers by spatial relations of their geometries
- Merge Layer-Verbal: Used to merge two different layers by their common ID or other shared attribute value.
- Empty the Layer: It does not delete the layer, but used to erase existing geometries within the layer.
The following screenshot shows the positions of the buttons.