In cases where the geometries overlap and the map becomes complicated or unreadable, the function for clipping geometries is of great advantage to the user. Overlapped parts of geometry with the selected geometry can be retained or changed.
On the Tools menu, click the Clip button.
This step is explained in two subtitles, first, clipping the geometry using another geometry and second, clipping the layer using another layer.
- The geometry usage method should be selected as Clipping the Geometry Using Another Geometry.
- To select the target geometry, first, click on the button to the right of the field and then select the geometry on the map.
- To select cut geometry first click on the button to the right of the field and then select the geometry on the map. At the end of the process, the boundaries of the cut geometry will be preserved.
At the end of the procedure, the view will be as follows
The second method that can be used is to clip the layer using another layer.
To use this method two different layers are required. Clipping on a single layer cannot be performed with this method.
- The geometry usage method should be selected as Clipping Layer Using Another Layer.
- The target Layer must be selected from the list.
- A different layer should be selected as Cut Layer.
At the end of the procedure, when the steps have been completed according to their numbers, the view looks as follows.